Thursday, April 8, 2010

Tamale pie, apple crisp & dishes

I made Tamale Pie and Apple Crisp last night for dinner. It looks like it takes me about 24 hours to blog about it too.


My tamale pie did not look like the picture on the box. At all.


The recipe for tamale pie was from the back of the cornmeal box. It was pretty good. I thought it was a little dry, but Dan liked it and said he'd eat it again.

This recipe for apple crisp is from The Joy of Cooking cookbook. It's different than what I'm used to from Betty Crocker's version. The top uses white sugar instead of brown sugar. Still very good. I love apple crisp. It's such an easy desert to make.


This is the part I dislike the most. The dishes after all the cooking is done. And then if I'm not right on top of getting them cleaned, they build up more! Especially since I'm cooking more than I used to. Oh well, after I finish dishes, I always realize that it doesn't take much time to do. Like running, it's starting that is the hard part.

1 comment:

Shelby said...

Yummy! I love that you are doing a meal plan! That makes it easier throughout the week i am sure!! Love Jackson in is room playing so cute!!